Announcements

• Robyn Corrigan, ANZASW Life Member, named in Queen’s Birthday Honours

Date Published: 6 June 2022

ANZASW congratulates all of those named today on the Queen’s Birthday Honours list. In particular, we congratulate and celebrate our life member, Robyn Corrigan, for being made a member of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to social work.

Ms Corrigan has been President of ANZASW, was the inaugural chair of the Social Workers Registration Board, and a founding member of the Tangata Whenua Social Workers Association. Ms Corrigan was the first iwi social worker in Aotearoa.

More recently, Ms Corrigan has been instrumental in the establishment of the International Federation of Social Workers Indigenous Commission after years of lobbying.

In speaking to the New Zealand Herald, Ms Corrigan said “My surprise and my pleasure, I think, is that it acknowledges the profession of social work. My first thought was yay, social work’s getting a mention at last because it’s not the most popular of professions”.

ANZASW congratulates and acknowledges Ms Corrigan for her tremendous contribution to the profession of social work.

More